Saturday, December 5, 2009

Movie of the Week

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

The lovable classic that Christmas will seem wholly without joy if it does not play every single year. It is the perfect movie to watch during the brilliant holidays with a cup of hot chocolate in front of the fireplace as it snows outside. It is perfect for everyone of all ages. Anyone can love not only this movie but also the adorable misfit Rudolph who captures the hearts of every generation every Christmas.

Rudolph is a misfit reindeer who finds himself kicked out of the reindeer games because of his bright red nose. He teams with Hermey- an elf who wants to be a dentist- and Yukon Cornelius, the prospector. During their journey they are attacked by the abominable snowman but they escape to the island of misfit toys. They then set out to tell Santa to find children who might be happy with the toys. Rudolph comes to Santa on a very foggy night and his sleigh cannot go out until of course he sees Rudolph and that special shiny nose!

This story is one about acceptance and precious moments that never get tiring to see. I saw it first with my mother and I have yet to cease to like it since then. I hope that it continues to play every Christmas so that I might pass on the tradition of seeing this joy filled movie every holiday season.I have yet to know one person who dislikes this movie and if you haven't seen you best watch it! You'll love it and it'll bring warmth and a true feeling of Christmas spirit into your heart!


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you did a post on this movie. I absolutely adore Rudolph. Every Christmas I always watch these films on ABC Family. I even went out and bought the boxed set so I can watch it year-round if I want. The claymation movies are too cute for words. There is nothing like the classics. And it is wonderful that Rudolph triumphs all by being Santa's big helper by leading him through the storm. Ah, I love these can you tell. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend, darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie. It's one of my all time favorite Christmas movies. I've watched it so many times since I was a kid. I never tire of it. I still watch it to this day. This is such a classic that never grows old. It's timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fav children Christmas movies. Why don't you sign up as an Amazon affiliate? You could be making money with this post.

    ReplyDelete